Coronavirus COVID-19 Safety Updates
At Dr. Terrance L. Jeter & Associates dental offices, the safety and well-being of our patients continues to be our primary concern. In an effort to safeguard the health of our dental patients and staff as the COVID-19 coronavirus situation continues to evolve, our dental practice is taking the following steps to ensure that Dr. Jeter’s dental offices remain safe, trusted places for our patients to receive dental care.
- We will continue to see patients if they are not showing symptoms such as fever, persistent coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Patient Screening: Upon arrival, we’ll be conducting forehead thermometer temperature checks on everyone prior to entering the office. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, will be rescheduled. We kindly ask all patients to wash their hands before they enter the treatment rooms. Everyone must wear a masks upon entering our dental offices for everyone’s protection.
- Staff Screening: No staff with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or showing symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or trouble breathing, will be permitted in the practice. In addition, any staff member that has traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 region will be required to self-quarantine before returning to work, although we are highly recommending team members not travel at this time.
- Patients Only: will be permitted into the office with the exception of our younger patients. In those cases, we’ll allow only one (1) parent or childcare provider to enter with the patient
- Modified Check-In Process: We encourage patients to complete paperwork prior to your visit. The new patient paperwork can be found underneath our Patient Resources section under New Patient Forms. From that section, you can download, print out and fill out to bring to the office. If that is not convenient, you can fill out at the office.
- After Check-In: After check in, we either bring you directly back to the treatment rooms or request that patients wait in their vehicles in order to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. You’ll receive a call or text when Dr. Jeter and staff is ready to see you. We generally do not allow more than two people in the waiting room at one time to practice social distancing.
- Sanitizing & Disinfecting –all public spaces, including treatment rooms, restrooms, and waiting-rooms are being sanitized with Medical-Grade Disinfectant sprays after every patient is seen (per CDC guidelines), including high touch areas such as chairs, counters, and equipment.
- Protective Barriers– placed on items including armrests, curing lights, and overhead lights.
- Sterile Instruments– dental instruments are sterilized after every patient. CDC protocols are strictly adhered to in assuring proper sterilization of dental instruments.